Ahhhhh, its Friday. The weekend is barreling towards me and I’m not 100% prepared.
Today’s post is a mish-mash of everything, hence the title.
First up- “big” announcements (eye rolling).
I am very blessed to receive not one but two blog awards from Sarah at Curious Cuisinière– the Kreative Blogger award and the Blog on Fire award. I’m particularly enamored with the second one because it reminds me of the Hunger Games (I. AM. KATNISS).
Thank you so much Sarah, and please take time to visit her blog. She has fun recipes and isn’t afraid to try something new- think pancake wrapped sausages. Yes, that is a real thing. According to the rules, I am to tell you 6 interesting and unusual things about myself and then pass the awards on to 6 other deserving bloggers.
- I am obsessed with the Hunger Games
- I would die quickly in the Hunger Games because I am weak and cannot identify wild plants to eat
- I still get nervous when flying
- I have 25 cousins on my Mom’s side of the family and 0 on my Dad’s
- I read US weekly as a guilty pleasure
- Fritos are my favorite salty junk food
The blogs I’m passing the awards on to are:
- The Teenage Taste (The food photography alone will make you drool)
- Sugar Dish Me (Great food and hilarious commentary about living in trailers)
- Wife Meets Life (Lots of DIY info)
- Georgia About (Great glimpse into the culture and cuisine of Georgia)
- Omeletta (Self proclaimed food nerd, ‘nough said)
- The Camel Life (Absolutely hilarious blog about life- good bad and ugly)
I also want to mention that Heather over at Sugar Dish Me gave me the One Lovely Blog award, but since I recently received that and posted about it, I’m not going to be greedy so I’ll pass on that one. All the same, thanks Heather!
Next item, I’m going on vacation for a week! Every 4th of July our family gathers up north at our cottage. I look forward to this every single year without fail. BUT, this means I won’t be available to make frequent postings.😦 I’m nervous about being away for that long, will all my readers forget about me? Will they find new blogs to follow? Noooo, don’t leave me (tiny voice, sniff sniff).
Maybe I can post a little bit from up there, but I can’t make any promises. I’ll miss you all! When I come back, I’ll have so many recipes from up north to share.