I’m so excited! This is my first blog post, EVER! Thankfully, I have a super yummy recipe to kick-off with.
May I present, easy peasy and super cheesy (pun intended) chicken, mushroom and quinoa bake.
It has gooey cheese and plump mushrooms combined with crispy brown edges – imagine the crusty edge of your fav mac ‘n’ cheese dish 🙂
Cheesy Chicken and Mushroom Quinoa Bake
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup shredded chicken (I used leftover from a rotisserie)
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack, and shredded some extra to sprinkle on top)
- 4 ounces milk
- 1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream (you could use mayo or plain yogurt)
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 3 cloves garlic, whole or minced
- dash of onion powder, salt and fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350. Cook quinoa according to package. Meanwhile, sautee mushrooms and garlic in a pan with a little oil for about 7 min. When the quinoa and mushrooms are finished, combine them and the remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Grease an 8×8 baking pan and pour the mixture in, top with some extra cheese as desired. Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. I like to crank up the broiler for the last few minutes to get the cheese nice and melty and the corners nice and crispy.